Dutch Music Export Marketing Regulation
In collaboration with the ministry of Education, Culture & Science, Fonds PodiumKunsten, Buma Cultuur and Stichting Popcoalitie, additional resources will be made available in the period 2017 to 2020. These resources are intended to strengthen international marketing for Dutch artists operating across all genres.
The obtainable budget for this marketing initiative amounts to a maximum of €500.000 (euros) per year, with subsidies configured in the following three categories.
· Small marketing campaigns, a maximum of €7.500
· Medium marketing campaigns,, a maximum of €15.000
· Large marketing campaigns, a maximum of €50.000
A request from artists with international promise can be submitted via the Dutch Music Export site. Your application will be granted based on the so-called ‘matching principle’. Meaning: this is a co-financing operation only viable when said artist has attracted his or her own professional industry partners on an international scale, and is able to confirm a matching financial amount destined for international marketing of the artist. Alongside that, the artist needs to meet the following criteria:
· A realistic and market-oriented plan.
· A provable substantial demand for the act itself.
· Sufficient production/back catalogue to operate on an international level
· A functioning network in the country of export featuring the following elements:
o - a (booking) agent
o - a record label or distributor
o - a PR/media partner or promotion company
o - a publisher or sync agent
Sums provided through this scheme are supplied to focus countries selected by Dutch Export policy, namely: Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. However, the Dance music sector regularly targets territories other than the aforementioned.
Important: subsidies for international marketing can only be requested once per artist. Applicants will get a definitive answer within six weeks.
This regulation is absolutely not intended as tour support. If you wish to obtain support for a tour, contact the Fonds PodiumKunsten’s Tour Support page.
Structure of a marketing application PLAN
- Biography and background information of the artist
- Career history, most important development and current status.
- Long term career goals and ambitions
Status of the artists
- Career breakdown:
- Streaming numbers on various platforms
- Radio airplay
- Live developments (include a full list of shows going back up to 2 years in time in attachments)
- Record sales
- Team breakdown: NL and International
- Describe the reasons for (planning) activities in the target countries focusing on with the campaign
- SWOT analysis per focus country
- Targets/goals in focus country/countries on short-, mid-, and long-term basis.
- Activities / release timeline
- Budget overview
- Specification of each activity with explanation who/which company is going to execute the activities.
- Specification of expenses being made
- Tools & planning
- Full list of shows 2 years back in time from the moment of requesting
- Campaign plan document
You can only apply for funding for expenses that include marketing costs. Explicitly no tour support, which means costs such as travel and residence costs, fees and crew etc. are not allowed. Also, no product related costs may be included (mix, recording, mastering, artwork etc.)
The budget must also indicate by whom/which company the work is being done.
Please note: 50% of the subsidy amount is paid when the application is granted. Payment of the second 50% of the subsidy will take place after approval of the final bill and the submission of a thorough analysis of the results achieved