Dutch Impact Showcase Support
Once a Dutch artist is invited to play at an international showcase event, and wants to apply for DME support, the artist has to provide DME with a long-term plan and strategy that shows sufficient vision and realism, and proves that there is a comprehensive network in place that is able to operate on an international and professional level. DME will offer as much help as possible when the artist and those involved are not able to formulate a realistic plan or approach unaided. Help in making such a plan can be regarded as part of DME support.
The proposed plans to apply for DME support will function explicitly as a 'reality check' for the activities. In judging the plans, DME will pay particular attention to the following:
· The Dutch nationality of the artist and a good quantity of Dutch copyrights
· A sufficiently professional organization including accountancy to present professional substantive evaluations and make settlements
· A sufficiently demonstrable professional status with regard to Dutch activities
· A sufficient professional team consisting of international and local (financially) involved partners, plus sufficient professional audio, video and promotional products
· Demonstrable preparation and investment based on an international long-term vision, approach and time schedule for the intended target country where activities have already been partly established
· Possible demonstrable international interests from the target country or countries
If these criteria are met and agreed, DME will provide the best support possible, based on the specific needs of the artist.
Once you’re invited to one of the Dutch Impact showcases, you will be integrated into the promo-campaign of the designated event.
· Part of this campaign includes a collective promo cycle along with other registered Dutch acts. These activities are organized and financed by Dutch Music Export. You will receive further info from Dutch Music Export on promo activities and specific promo companies prior to each event
· If you receive an official invitation from a foreign organization, you can enter the Dutch Impact Party at said event. The program is selected by both the foreign organizer and Dutch Music Export. All necessary info regarding Dutch Impact Parties is sent to you by e-mail well in advance by Dutch Music Export staff
· Officially selected participants of a Dutch Impact Showcase can apply for a modest refund in travel, accommodation and eventual visa expenses. These costs will be met with a maximum of 50% of total costs, in addition to a varying limit per showcase event. Dutch Music Export will brief you about these specifics by e-mail in advance